Taking care of our heart is as good as taking care of our loved ones!
History of American Heart Month
Why is it crucial to take care of your ‘Heart’?
Symptoms of Heart Diseases
- Heart Attack – Most commonly identified by chest pain or discomfort, shortness of breath may also accompany it. Sometimes people do mistake discomfort in other areas of the body like back pain, joints, jaw, neck, etc. With routine pain, these symptoms may be the red alert for a heart attack. A feeling of weakness, lightheadedness, or instances of fainting may also be the forerunner. Last but certainly not least, any kind of nausea and cold sweats must not be ignored.
- Heart Failure – The common population sometimes uses interchangeably heart failure and heart attack in everyday scenarios. Of course, there are many similar symptoms of Heart Failure like shortness of breath, feeling of lightheadedness, and many more, there are some distinguishing factors as well. Swelling of feet, ankles, abdomen along with an abnormal weight gain overall. Three or more pounds in a day or five or more pounds in a week are some of them.
- Arrhythmia – A feeling of palpitations in the chest with feelings of fluttering.
Do not ignore these early signs!
Risk factors for heart disease
- Diabetes Mellitus – Commonly known as Diabetes, it’s a medical condition leading to high blood sugar levels. Though it is entirely the game of the hormone insulin, family history also leads to the presence of this condition.
- Hypertension – High sodium intake in the form of table salt or common salt, increased stress levels, lower physical activity levels all trigger hypertension.
- High cholesterol
People with a family history of cardiac arrests and disorders should get genetic predisposition or screening after a certain age, as per requirements.
Maintaining a healthy heart worries you?
- Check for warning signals, and be in touch with your cardiologists regularly
Let us come together and make all necessary arrangements to keep our heart and over-all mental, physical and emotional well-being in good state. Also stay safe and sound during these difficult times of Covid-19 and get us tested immediately in case of any abnormalities or discomfort.