Challenges faced by healthcare industry in recent times
Is Digital Transformation the next big news in the healthcare industry?
What is Digital Transformation healthcare industry?
- Internet of Things- is no more a ‘thing’ associated with the cars or gaming, but a breakthrough technology extensively used in healthcare nowadays. Smart connected devices help the users to make more informed decisions and thus facilitate the data produced by billions of users.
- Telemedicine- reduces the hospital visit costs significantly for the hospital management by around $500-$1000 per visit. However, there should be some ground level preparations from the IT team, like security features, real-time location services, secured messaging, integration of wireless testing modes.
- Patient flow- What could be a better example of a humongous spike in patient flow overnight than the pandemic of Covid-19? Predictive tools fed with information records on admissions, capacity, bed-availability in a facility and other units. A proper analysis of this information, with Machine Learning and algorithms, can work wonders for patients and hospital management. These balanced decisions will be backed up by data and have great application.
- Staffing- Managing staff strength with proper protocols of urgent leaves/shift rotation during the peak of Ist, IInd, IIIrd wave was a herculean task for hospital administration. The application of artificial intelligence and machine learning algorithms would give a better picture for planning staff-roasters.
- Scheduling- Prioritizing surgeries (be it elective or an emergency situation) and scheduling them involves a lot of human efforts and at times is not helpful in planning the order of the surgeries. This leads to a bad impact on surgery timings, duration, after-surgery protocols and their impact on the staff.
- Supply chain- US is a nation in which the hospitals spent around $12 million dollars before the pandemic scenario. When such a huge amount of capital is involved, the inventory should be tracked till the last stock available. Sadly, till date some healthcare organizations rely on human calculations coming up with misleading figures of stock and thus ordering fresh stocks of medicines and other supplies, while the older one needs to be cleared up first owing to expiry dates etc.
Apart from the above, digital transformation in healthcare can further take pivotal turns via technologies like Robotic Process Automation (RPA), Natural Language Processing (NLP), Chatbots, Telesurgery and many more.
Are you geared up for the new normal?
Every smart B2B healthcare marketer today should avail themselves of the most validated healthcare email addresses. Connecting to the most receptive audience via leading names of healthcare database providers is the new age solution.